Trust Review Service
Delivering Quality Customer ServiceActive has always been committed to delivering quality customer service. We have built our business by establishing long term relationships with our personal and corporate clients, offering them high standards of specialist advice.
Always EngagedOur highly qualified advisers are on hand to give you the best advice on your existing Trust cases.
Available & Within Easy ReachBased in The North East of England we provide Commercial Finance advice & other financial services throughout the region and beyond, using the best in modern technology to communicate with our customers.
Understanding the changing nature of the investment environment has become an increasingly onerous and important task for trustees. In addition the introduction of the Trustee Act 2000 has imposed a greater duty of care on trustees to ensure the trust's investments are managed in the best possible manner, thereby requiring trustees to seek and implement the best investment solutions on offer.
To ensure compliance with the Act, it is vital to recognise and understand changes in the investment environment and implement a structured review process.
The Active Trust Review Service aims to carry out a detailed analysis of the current trustee investment portfolio, highlight any areas of concern in relation to the Trustee Act 2000, and offer a solution to these concerns.
The Financial Services Authority does not regulate trust advice.
The Trustee Act 2000
Under the Act, as a Trustee, you have a Duty of Care to:
- Invest as if you are absolutely entitled to the asset
- Ensure the suitability of the investment vehicle
- Consider the tax effectiveness of the investment
- Ensure investments are sufficiently diversified
- Consideration of size and risk profile of trust
- Obtain and consider proper advice
- Regularly review the trust investments
These responsibilities can not only be onerous, but they can also be very time consuming and although you may have a good understanding of your legal duties, you cannot also be expected to know where to hold the monies over the longer term in the most tax efficient manner.
The objectives of the service are simple:
- To document all trustee decisions therefore giving a good clean audit trail
- To ensure diversification of the trust’s assets by asset class and management group
- To maximise tax efficiency by using the correct product wrappers
- To offer regular low maintenence reviews
- To consider using alternative investment vehicles
- To Reduce Investment Risk
The Active Trust Review Service aims to remove the responsibilities from you by fulfilling all of the above, and for very little cost. So why would you take the risk?
Please pick up the phone and speak to one of our team about how we can help you further. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0845 555 0 888